Charleston Fashion Week® Model Search and Rock the Runway Competition™ is a unique opportunity that supports and showcases a community of up-and-coming and undiscovered talent in the realm of runway and special event modeling. Our mission is to provide a platform for aspiring talent to gain the attention of top model scouts and agencies, media, photographers, and press.
Models are cast and chosen by a panel of expert judges made up of leading names in model management. Selection is based on an industry standard of criteria including appearance, photogenic appeal and facial structure, poise, professionalism, commercial appeal, and runway walk.
Models will rehearse and refine their walk and modeling skills over several months in preparation for the event. Charleston Fashion Week® 2017 will be held Tuesday, March 14 – Saturday, March 18. Over the course of this time, models will be handpicked and fitted by emerging and featured designers from all over the country, as well as boutiques participating at Charleston Fashion Week®.
Models cast for the official Charleston Fashion Week® Runway* model book qualify for the Rock the Runway Competition™. Models are not required to participate in the Competition to be selected for designer and boutique runway shows or special events.
An expert panel of judges chooses the Top Finalists. One female and one male model will be named the Grand Prize Winners at the event, following the runway portion of the Competition, on the evening of Friday, March 17, 2017.
*NOTE: Special Event models are not eligible for the Rock the Runway Competition™.
All models selected to participate in a 2017 Charleston Fashion Week® runway show or special event will receive the following:
• An opportunity to be discovered by top scouts and national agencies from New York to Miami, Atlanta to Chicago and everywhere in between
• Visibility to local and national fashion industry leaders
• Gift bag valued at more than $500
• Recognition on the CFW 2017 website
• Invitation to a private model scout and top agency meet & greet event the week of CFW
Rock the Runway Grand Prize Winners (one male model & one female model)* to receive:
• $1,000 cash prize
• Mentoring opportunity with industry leader, Karen Lee Grybowski, Founder of the Karen Lee Group & international model scout, and/or other(s)
• Professional hi-quality composite cards
• Beauty gift bag
Additional prizes may be announced at a later date.
*Please refer to the complete Model Search and Rock the Runway Competition™ Rules & Regulations for full details.
*Charleston Fashion Week®, its parent company, and all affiliates are not liable for any prizes not delivered as agreed by third party