Photograph by Charlotte Elizabeth Photographer
Charleston Fashion Week® Model Search and Rock the Runway Search™ is a unique opportunity that supports and showcases a community of up-and-coming and undiscovered talent in the realm of runway and special event modeling. Our mission is to provide a platform for aspiring talent to gain the attention of top model scouts and agencies, media, photographers, and press.
MODEL CASTING OVERVIEW
Models complete the official online application form. Those submissions guaranteed an audition time at the model castings and will receive an official Charleston Fashion Week® t-shirt at the time of the audition.
- Auditions will take place December 1 – December 3, 2017, in Charleston, SC at Embassy Suites Charleston – Historic Charleston, 337 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, 29403.
During the casting call, a Preliminary Model Panel will select models for the official Charleston Fashion Week® 2018 Runway and Special Event Model Books. Being selected for a Model Book does not guarantee participation in a runway show or special event. The Charleston Fashion Week® 2018 Model Books will be presented to all participating boutiques and designers for selection. Final model assignment is at the sole discretion on Charleston Fashion Week® and based on overall production and event needs.
TOP MODEL SELECTION FOR THE SEARCH
Models booked for a runway show or special event are eligible for the Rock the Runway Model Search™. This does not guarantee a model will advance as an Agent’s Choice Top Model. Models under the age of 13 do not qualify. Selection is based on industry criteria including personality, professionalism, photogenic appeal, facial structure/unique attributes, commercial appeal, and match with current modeling and fashion industry “look”. Models will be judged in four phases which includes the following:
- Phase 1 – Charleston Fashion Week® Preliminary Model Panel review models at the December 1 – 3, 2017 auditions and at the February 24, 2018 rehearsal.
- Phase 2 – Preliminary Model Panel takes into consideration model selections from participating Charleston Fashion Week® 2018 boutiques and designers shows and special events.
- Phase 3 – Models attend all mandatory rehearsals where the Preliminary Model Panel will be judging each model's performance based upon the industry criteria listed above.
- Phase 4 – Agents review models at a meet and greet event held on Friday, March 16, 2018 at the Charleston Fashion Week® tents in Marion Square and select Top Models to walk the runway that evening where one (1) Female and one (1) Male model will be selected as the Agent’s Choice Top Model.
Please refer to the FAQ page for additional details.
*NOTE: Special Event models are not eligible for the Rock the Runway Model Search™.
MODEL SEARCH INCENTIVES
All models selected to participate in a 2018 Charleston Fashion Week® runway show or special event will receive one weekly Fashion Village pass. Pass excludes Saturday, March 17, 2018 and does not grant access to the Runway Tent. Passes are non-transferrable and may not be exchanged for cash value, nor will they be replaced if lost. In addition, selected models are invited to a workshop with industry professionals, and have an opportunity to be seen by the countries top agencies for the opportunity to be discovered. All selected models will be recognized on the 2018 Charleston Fashion Week® website. No cash stipend will be paid.
TOP MODEL PRIZES
One (1) Female and one (1) Male Top Model selected by the Agents for Rock the Runway Model Search™ will each receive the following:
- $1,000 cash prize;
- Mentoring opportunity with industry leader Karen Lee Grybowski, Founder of the Karen Lee Group & international model scout and/or others;
In addition, one (1) Female and one (1) Male Top Model will receive one (1) People's Choice Award for $250 each.
Additional prizes may be announced at a later date.
Please refer to the complete Model Search and Rock the Runway Search™ Rules & Regulations for full details.
Charleston Fashion Week®, its parent company, and all affiliates are not liable for any prizes not delivered as agreed by third party.